Job Description: Ultrasound Tech
Advantis Medical is excited to announce an outstanding opportunity for an Ultrasound Tech in Bangor, ME. This rewarding travel contract position operates on a 5-shift schedule with a contract duration of 13 weeks.
With us, you'll enjoy a superior pay and benefits package, along with our personalized service that has ranked us the #1 travel nurse agency. As a Joint-Commission-certified agency, we promise a seamless and stress-free experience.
- Facility: St. Joseph Healthcare
- Location: Bangor, ME
- Unit/Specialty: Ultrasound Tech
- Shift: 5 shifts per week
- Operate medical imaging equipment that directs high frequency sound waves to anatomy for diagnostic purposes
- Choose the correct settings and direct the patient to move into positions that will offer the best view
- Consistently obtain high-quality imaging for Radiologist interpretation
- Have a general understanding of PACS (Picture Archive Communication System) and its function
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and hospital records
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured
- Utilize specialized computerized equipment to produce cross-sectional images of the human anatomy which aid Radiologists in diagnosing diseases and/or disorders
Travelers who live within 50 miles of the facility will receive a lower local rate.
Covenant Health Mission Statement: We are a Catholic health ministry, providing healing and care for the whole person, in service to all in our communities.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion: We show respect, caring, and sensitivity towards all, honoring the dignity of each person, especially the poor, vulnerable, and suffering.
- Integrity: We promote justice and ethical behavior, and responsibly steward our human, financial, and environmental resources.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership, dialogue, and shared purpose to create healthy communities.
- Excellence: We deliver all services with the highest level of quality, while seeking creative innovation.
Applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, and genetic information (including family medical history).
***Traveler must reside outside the state of Maine
***Up to 16 hours of orientation is unpaid
***St. Joseph's can cancel up to 3 shifts per 13-week contract
Position Urgency: Normal
Billing string = Medefis
Jobs fill quickly, so apply today and take the next step in your nursing career with Advantis Medical!
Advantis Medical is ranked #1 by travel clinicians because of our relentless focus on matching our travel clinicians with their next dream assignment. You can choose to work with one of our Pro Recruiters and receive The Gold standard in clinician care while they do all the work for you, or search one of our thousands of jobs and apply directly on our job pages. We take pride in helping travelers find their dream assignment by eliminating the stress and hassle of a job search.
We treat every clinician like GOLD and help create a stress-free process as you embark on your new adventure. Experience our gold standard level of service as our committed team assists you with your travel and housing arrangements, guides you through credentialing and onboarding so you can quickly start your next dream adventure.
Bangor, Maine (ME), a hidden gem in the northeastern United States, offers a unique blend of vibrant culture, delectable food scene, and breathtaking attractions. Home to the legendary Stephen King, this charming city boasts a rich literary history and a lively arts community. Explore the iconic Bangor Waterfront, savor the mouthwatering lobster rolls and fresh seafood, and immerse yourself in nature at Acadia National Park. The moderate coastal climate ensures beautiful summers and picturesque winters. Nearby cities like Portland and Bar Harbor add to the allure of this fantastic destination. With Advantis Medical, starting a career in Bangor promises excitement and endless possibilities for travel nurses and allied health professionals.