Job Description: Travel Nurse - CVICU
Advantis Medical is excited to announce an outstanding opportunity for a Travel Nurse position in Lafayette, IN. This rewarding travel contract position operates on a 4-shift-per-week schedule with a contract duration of 12 weeks.
Join Advantis Medical, the top-ranked travel nursing agency certified by the Joint Commission, and experience a seamless and stress-free travel nurse position. As a travel nurse in the CVICU, you'll provide exceptional patient care, collaborate with healthcare teams, and document your interventions. Enjoy unbeatable support, competitive compensation, housing and travel assistance, and endless opportunities for career growth. Explore captivating cities and states, immerse yourself in diverse cultures, and create lasting memories while making a difference. Take the next step in your nursing career with Advantis Medical and unlock a world of possibilities.
- Facility: IU Health - Arnett Hospital
- Location: Lafayette, IN
- Unit/Specialty: CVICU
- Shift: 4x12 Nights
- Charge Experience Required - 2 years recent experience
- First Time Travelers Accepted
- Proficient in Intra-aortic balloon pumps, post cardiac surgery-directly from OR, Sheath, Swam
- Certification Requirements: ACLS, BCLS, NIH required. CCRN preferred
- Skillset Requirements: Conscious sedation, Telemetry, Vents required. IV Start preferred
- Floating Requirements: Yes
- Staffing Ratios: 1:2
- Minimum Experience Required: 18 months
- Unit Information: 14 bed ICU with an open heart program and neurosurgeon. Plus general community Med Surg patients. We are a stroke unit, a level 2 trauma unit, EMCO stabilize and ship program, STEMI, Manual Proning, Sepsis, we use IABP and CRRT. We have UST and RRT team
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Not Required
- Flu Vaccine: Required - Medical/Religious Exemptions Only
- Submittals: Low
- Travel Compliance: Travelers University must be accredited by the ACEN or CCNE at the time of graduation
- SSN required at time of submittal
- DOB required at time of submittal
- RTO: We can auto-approve 5 days of RTO or less. Anything more requires facility approval
- Candidate MUST WORK 2 out of 3 major holidays
- License: For start dates 2-4 weeks out, must have IN or compact license in hand. For start dates 4+ weeks out, must have started the IN/compact licensing process to be submitted
- 2 supervisor references required
- Candidates under 50 miles will be accepted at the local rate
- Floating is 100% required of ALL TRAVELERS - Candidates will float within hospital or to an affiliate hospital/s nearby
- Certs required, please see job description/unit description to find list of required certs depending on unit
- No specific charting required for any IU health positions
- Background Policy to be noted prior to submission so we can seek approval prior to offer
- Any PERM or PRN employee of IU must be away for 12 months before applying as a traveler
Apply today and secure your spot in this exciting travel nurse position. Jobs fill quickly, so don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!
Advantis Medical is ranked #1 by travel clinicians because of our relentless focus on matching our travel clinicians with their next dream assignment. You can choose to work with one of our Pro Recruiters and receive The Gold standard in clinician care while they do all the work for you, or search one of our thousands of jobs and apply directly on our job pages. We take pride in helping travelers find their dream assignment by eliminating the stress and hassle of a job search.
We treat every clinician like GOLD and help create a stress-free process as you embark on your new adventure. Experience our gold standard level of service as our committed team assists you with your travel and housing arrangements, guides you through credentialing and onboarding so you can quickly start your next dream adventure.
Lafayette, Indiana (IN) welcomes travel nurses and allied health professionals with open arms! Known for its vibrant culture and friendly locals, Lafayette offers a delightful food scene brimming with farm-to-table restaurants and local breweries. Explore famous attractions like the historic Prophetstown State Park or immerse yourself in the city's diverse arts and music scene. Enjoy pleasant summers and picturesque winters in this college town. Plus, Lafayette is conveniently close to major cities like Indianapolis and Chicago, making weekend getaways a breeze. Join Advantis Medical here for an exciting and rewarding career journey!