Job Description: Oncology RN
Advantis Medical is excited to announce an outstanding opportunity for an Oncology RN in Topeka, KS. This rewarding travel contract position operates on a 5-shift schedule with a contract duration of 8 weeks.
Join Advantis Medical, the top-ranked travel nursing agency certified by the Joint Commission, and experience a seamless and stress-free travel nurse position. As a travel nurse, you'll provide exceptional patient care, collaborate with healthcare teams, and document your interventions. Enjoy unbeatable support, competitive compensation, housing and travel assistance, and endless opportunities for career growth. Explore captivating cities and states, immerse yourself in diverse cultures, and create lasting memories while making a difference. Take the next step in your nursing career with Advantis Medical and unlock a world of possibilities.
- Facility: The University of Kansas Health System - St. Francis Campus
- Location: Topeka, KS
- Unit/Specialty: Oncology
- Shift: 5-shift schedule
- Minimum 1 year (recent) experience working as an Oncology RN
- ONS Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Certified
- Experience with administration of chemotherapy/immunotherapy
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to advocate for patients
- Basic computer skills - Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- EPIC experience is preferred but not required
- ASN required; BSN preferred
- Current State RN licensure (must be active and clean PSV)
- BLS required
- ONC Preferred
- ONS Chemotherapy/Immunotherapy Certification Required
- Languages: English (Speak, Read, Write)
The Oncology RN serves as a crucial part of a patient's cancer care team, coordinating the treatment and services the patient receives. Under indirect supervision, the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse performs a comprehensive assessment of patient and family needs to deliver and coordinate oncology and hematology services throughout the continuum of care including that of administration of oncology/hematology treatments. Oncology RN involved administration of treatments such as chemotherapy and infusions. The Registered Nurse delivers nursing care as defined by the Kansas Nurse Practice Act and the policies and procedures of The University of Kansas Health System-St. Francis Campus. The Registered Nurse reports to the Director or designee. Major responsibilities include:
- Assessing Patients
- Administering cancer treatments
- Explaining treatments and answering patient questions
- Monitoring patient vitals
- Supporting emotional well-being of patients
- Providing information to patient family members
- The overall direction and supervision of all patient care during his/her shift
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to carry out the nursing process when providing patient care
- Satisfies the established standards of the nursing practice
- Supervises and delegates patient care tasks to PCTs and other patient care team members
- Promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel of other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Engages in self-evaluation of practice and takes action to improve knowledge and skills
- Promotes consensus building and applies techniques of conflict resolution and conduct improvement
- Retains accountability for quality of care given to the patient
Jobs fill quickly, so don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! Apply today and take the next step in your nursing career with Advantis Medical.
Advantis Medical is ranked #1 by travel clinicians because of our relentless focus on matching our travel clinicians with their next dream assignment. You can choose to work with one of our Pro Recruiters and receive The Gold standard in clinician care while they do all the work for you, or search one of our thousands of jobs and apply directly on our job pages. We take pride in helping travelers find their dream assignment by eliminating the stress and hassle of a job search.
We treat every clinician like GOLD and help create a stress-free process as you embark on your new adventure. Experience our gold standard level of service as our committed team assists you with your travel and housing arrangements, guides you through credentialing and onboarding so you can quickly start your next dream adventure.
Topeka, Kansas (KS), a hidden gem in the heart of the Midwest, captures the essence of an ideal destination for travel nurses and allied health professionals. Known for its warm hospitality and tight-knit community, Topeka offers a serene escape from bustling cities. Immerse yourself in the rich history at the iconic Kansas State Capitol or explore the vibrant arts scene at the Mulvane Art Museum. Savor culinary delights ranging from hearty barbeque to farm-to-table cuisine. With a comfortable climate boasting all four seasons, enjoy outdoor pursuits like hiking, fishing, or exploring the nearby Lake Shawnee. As the capital city, Topeka offers easy access to major nearby cities like Kansas City, adding excitement to your adventurous journey. Elevate your career with Advantis Medical here, embracing a fantastic opportunity in this exciting and inviting city.