Job Description: Ultrasound Tech
Advantis Medical is excited to announce an outstanding opportunity for an Ultrasound Tech in Mason City, IA. This rewarding travel contract position operates on a night shift schedule with a contract duration of 13 weeks.
Join Advantis Medical, the top-ranked travel nursing agency certified by the Joint Commission, and experience a seamless and stress-free travel nurse position. As a travel nurse, you'll provide exceptional patient care, collaborate with healthcare teams, and document your interventions. Enjoy unbeatable support, competitive compensation, housing and travel assistance, and endless opportunities for career growth. Explore captivating cities and states, immerse yourself in diverse cultures, and create lasting memories while making a difference. Take the next step in your nursing career with Advantis Medical and unlock a world of possibilities.
- Facility: MercyOne - North Iowa Medical Center
- Location: Mason City, IA
- Unit/Specialty: Ultrasound Tech
- Shift: Nights
- Must be board eligible by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer required at hire/transfer.
- Must be certified as a RDMS in ABD, OB/GYN, Breast and RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) within a 2-year period.
- Demonstrated competence in Sonography is preferred.
- Must be able to take call.
- May be required to alternate shifts.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License if performing as Mobile Sonographer.
- Must be able to read, write, and/or speak English.
- Must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Provider-American Heart Association or Professional Rescuer-American Red Cross) prior to employment or within 30 days of hire and maintain current status.
- Must provide proof of Mandatory Reporting for Child and Dependent Adult Abuse training prior to employment or within 6 months of hire and maintain current status per State of Iowa guidelines.
- Completes Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes MANDT Training within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- Completes Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
The Sonographer maintains all standards of the Sonography Area established by the Department of Radiology. They schedule and complete all Ultrasound/Vascular procedures, accurately identify and transport patients, assume responsibility for image management, respond to telephone inquiries, instruct other radiological technologists and students, maintain supplies in the Sonography Area, participate in the Ultrasound Ergonomic Program, perform consent process with the patient, supervise the technical aspect of the Sonography Area in the absence of the Sonography Supervisor, maintain quality assurance program for the Ultrasound Area, and actively participate in departmental Commitment to Colleagues.
Advantis Medical offers a supportive and collaborative work environment, where you can enhance your skills and grow both personally and professionally. Our commitment to excellence and our top-ranked travel nurse agency status make us the ideal choice for your next travel nursing assignment. Apply today as jobs fill quickly!
Advantis Medical is ranked #1 by travel clinicians because of our relentless focus on matching our travel clinicians with their next dream assignment. You can choose to work with one of our Pro Recruiters and receive The Gold standard in clinician care while they do all the work for you, or search one of our thousands of jobs and apply directly on our job pages. We take pride in helping travelers find their dream assignment by eliminating the stress and hassle of a job search.
We treat every clinician like GOLD and help create a stress-free process as you embark on your new adventure. Experience our gold standard level of service as our committed team assists you with your travel and housing arrangements, guides you through credentialing and onboarding so you can quickly start your next dream adventure.
Mason City, Iowa (IA), nestled in the heart of the Midwest, offers travel nurses and allied health professionals an enchanting destination to kick-start their careers. Known as the "River City," Mason City boasts an unparalleled cultural scene with its famous Music Man Square and Historic Park Inn Hotel. Indulge in the diverse culinary delights, from farm-to-table restaurants to local breweries. Enjoy leisure activities like hiking, biking, and kayaking in its picturesque landscapes. With a moderate climate, proximity to larger cities like Des Moines, and its vibrant ambiance, starting a career with Advantis Medical in Mason City would be an exhilarating adventure.