Travel Nurse Opportunity with Advantis Medical
Advantis Medical is excited to announce an outstanding opportunity for a Travel Nurse in Madison, WI. This rewarding travel contract position operates on a 3 shifts per week schedule with a contract duration of 12 weeks. With us, you'll enjoy a superior pay and benefits package, along with our personalized service that has ranked us the #1 travel nurse agency. As a Joint-Commission-certified agency, we promise a seamless and stress-free experience.
- Facility: UW Health - University Hospital
- Location: Madison, WI
- Unit/Specialty: Oncology
- Shift: 3 shifts per week
- Hours per shift: 12 hours
- Start Date: August 28, 2023
- End Date: November 27, 2023
- Traveler must have permanent address outside 50 mile radius of Madison (address must be included in traveler's profile).
- Experience: Chemo and/or Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) experience required. If no BMT experience, Chemotherapy certification required.
- Traveler must have completed two years of acute care experience within last 3 years.
- Traveler must have experience in an Academic Level 1 - Trauma center or similar size hospital.
- Successfully completed traveler assignment (13 weeks).
- Licensure and Certification: Traveler must have WI nursing license or compact license from their permanent address state. BLS must be certified through American Heart Association ONLY.
- If no BMT experience, Chemotherapy certification required.
- Reference Needs 2 references from recent work environment/assignments (supervisor or manager only).
- Telemetry: Traveler must have Basic Arrhythmia experience. Traveler will be required to pass UW Health Telemetry test prior to being cleared to start (not for clinic positions). UW Health Recruitment will send instructions to traveler 2-3 weeks prior to start date.
- Floating: Travelers are the first to float to floors working with children up to 1 year of age and/or based on the traveler's competency skills/experience. The Traveler may have shifts scheduled in multiple units, depending on the current staffing needs and/or different locations within the organization. During the traveler's assignment, if the primary unit no longer has a need, shifts will be re-assigned to another unit in order to complete contract.
- Profiles must be submitted in the following format: .docx, .xlsx and .pptx file types or our IS department will be blocking them and we will no longer receive the files nor able to forward internal to our hiring managers.
- QuantiFERON/TSpot results will NOT be accepted for any reason.
Join a team of REMARKABLE nurses that use compassion and teamwork to care for their inspiring patients. Work in a 39-bed unit with nurse driven collaboration providing care to acutely ill patients varying in age and diagnosis, including end of life care. Nurses are able to connect and form therapeutic relationships with patients. You'll be actively involved in cutting edge, evidence-based therapies and research studies to improve patient outcomes. Nurses are encouraged and supported to participate in quality improvement initiatives and lead practice change. Participate in a teaching and learning culture: always seeking out the why to understand both problems and solutions.
Take the next step in your nursing career with Advantis Medical and unlock a world of possibilities. Jobs fill quickly, so don't wait - apply today!
Advantis Medical is ranked #1 by travel clinicians because of our relentless focus on matching our travel clinicians with their next dream assignment. You can choose to work with one of our Pro Recruiters and receive The Gold standard in clinician care while they do all the work for you, or search one of our thousands of jobs and apply directly on our job pages. We take pride in helping travelers find their dream assignment by eliminating the stress and hassle of a job search.
We treat every clinician like GOLD and help create a stress-free process as you embark on your new adventure. Experience our gold standard level of service as our committed team assists you with your travel and housing arrangements, guides you through credentialing and onboarding so you can quickly start your next dream adventure.
Madison, Wisconsin, also known as the Badger State (WI), beckons travel nurses and allied health professionals with its vibrant combination of culture, food, and natural attractions. Immerse yourself in the city's unique blend of urban and college town vibes, while enjoying farm-to-table cuisine and exploring local breweries. Don't miss famous attractions like the stunning State Capitol and the inspiring University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. With beautiful lakes and parks nestled throughout the city, outdoor enthusiasts will relish in activities like boating, hiking, and biking. Madison's moderate climate offers the perfect balance of all four seasons, and it is conveniently located near major cities like Milwaukee and Chicago, adding convenience and excitement to your travel experience with Advantis Medical.