University of Oklahoma Medical Center
HOT JOB!!! RATE $165 Travel / $145 Local TRAVEL (RN) CV STEPDOWN w/ Tele (607) 7P-7A, Nights AUTO-HIRES MUST HAVE Screening questions attached as Pg.1 of the profile
PLEASE USE YOUR OWN SCREENING QUESTIONS - APPLICABLE TO CV Stepdown
13 WEEK ASSIGNMENT RN LICENSE, BLS & ACLS
2 YEARS OF CV Step-Down EXPERIENCE IN HOSPITAL SETTING REQUIRED
*PLEASE READ FULLY!*
NO BLOCK SCHEDULING
TIME OFF MUST BE REQUESTED W/ SUBMISSION
ADD TRAVELER EXPERIENCE/SKILLS ON BODY OF EMAIL - PROFILE SELLING POINTS
MUST HAVE 2 YRS EXPERIENCE IN HOSPITAL SETTING & SPECIFIED FIELD
MUST HOLD ACTIVE OKLAHOMA OR COMPACT LICENSE AT TIME OF SUBMISSION
TEMP LICENSE ACCEPTED
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state.
Location: OU Medical Center
Floor: CV progressive care (607)
Tell us about the unit (s) :
• Number of Beds - 32 of which 9 are progressive care
• Number of Staff - 8 to 9 nurses per shift with one clerk and 1 to 2 techs
• Type of staff:
• Day Shift - 1 charge 8 nurses 2 techs 1 clerk
• Night Shift - 1 charge 8 nurses 2 techs
• Patient Ratios - 5:1 floor and 3:1 progressive care
• Type of equipment - IV Pump, tube feed, pca , epidural, chest tubes
• EMR - Meditech
Typical hiring profile
Skill Set Most recruited for:
Must have : candidates without these skills will not be considered for the role.
• Arterial line management, central line management, chest tube management
• Drip management to include but no t limited to - Lasix, insulin, dobutamine , heparin , Cardizem, Amiodarone
Preferred or nice to have : candidates with these skills will be considered first.
• External pacemaker
• Pericardial drain
• Chest Tubes
List typical procedures performed on unit(s):
• Insertion of central access
• Insertion of chest tubes
Best personality Fit:
• Flexible open to feedback and team player.
• Float to other stepdown units
• ACLS, BLS
Dress Code :
• Scrub Color /Attire - Royal Blue, no fleece jackets
Weekends and On call(if any)
• Work every other weekend
Maps and directions
Facility Overview : Comprehensive Care for All Oklahomans OU Medical Center is Oklahoma's largest and most comprehensive hospital dedicated to defining medicine with cutting-edge treatments and working toward solutions for each patient, every time. Our 350-bed hospital provides services not offered elsewhere in the state, including Oklahomas only Level I Trauma Center. We provide a full range of heart care services at OU Medicine Cardiovascular Institute, the states premier center for treating cardiac and vascular patients. We offer the highest level of care for stroke patients when time is brain, and provide unmatched neurology and neurosurgery services ranging from the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy to advanced keyhole and awake brain surgeries. We also offer cancer care working alongside Stephenson Cancer Center, including a Gamma Knife Center for treating brain tumors that can't be treated by conventional methods and a Bone Marrow Transplant Center. We have the most experienced transplant team in the state at the Oklahoma Transplant Center. We are on the cutting edge of orthopedics treatment with the largest orthopedics team in Oklahoma. We're helping keep Oklahomans alive and well.
Click below on icons to explore the city of Oklahoma!